Pratt & Whitney Canada is pleased to offer an extended warranty program for the PT6A engine. The additional warranty shall be for a period of twelve (12) months or five hundred (500) engine operating hours, whichever occurs first ("Extended Warranty"). The Extended Warranty will begin upon expiry of the Basic Engine coverage ("Basic Coverage") of the P&WC Warranty for New Engines for aircraft operated in commercial, corporate or private transportation applications (P&WC Warranty). The Extended Warranty is not available to engine warranties that do not include a calendar time limit in their P&WC Warranty.
What is covered under the PT6A Extended Warranty?
- The PT6A Extended Warranty adds twelve (12) months or five hundred (500) engine operating hours (whichever occurs first) to the Basic Coverage of the P&WC Warranty. Refer to the P&WC Warranty for your engine(s) specific coverage details.
If I decide to sell my aircraft, what is the status of the PT6A Extended Warranty?
- The Extended Warranty is attached to the engine itself, not the aircraft. If you sell your aircraft, the Extended Warranty will follow the engine along with any remaining hours on the current Basic Coverage of the P&WC Warranty.
Is the PT6A Extended Warranty renewable?
- No, at this time the PT6A Extended Warranty is not renewable.
How do I find out my current coverage status?
- Please refer to the P&WC Warranty for your engine’s specific coverage details. If you are a registered customer on the P&WC Customer Portal, you may verify your current coverage status using the Coverage Inquiry feature. If you are not registered, and would like to know your current coverage, you can call P&WC warranty administration at 1-888-456-6067 (USA & Canada) / 1-450-647-8180 (Int’l) or email at Warranty@pwc.ca
What is the price of the Extended Warranty?
- The list price is $12,000 USD in 2017 per engine (excluding taxes, fees and duties). P&WC, at its sole discretion, has the right to adjust such pricing.
Do I need an inspection to qualify for the PT6A Extended Warranty?
- No inspection is required.
- Log book information may be requested.
What if I buy my Extended Warranty in one country and need to do maintenance in another, am I covered?
- Yes, you are covered. The warranty is attached to the individual engine being covered by the P&WC Warranty.
Is the PT6A Extended Warranty available to military applications?
- No, the Extended Warranty offering is only valid for PT6A turboprop engines operated in non-military aircraft used for commercial, corporate or private transportation service that meet the listed eligibility requirements.
What is the payment process for the PT6A Extended Warranty?
Provided you meet the eligibility requirements, an invoice will be sent to you and there are three methods of payment:
- By credit card. P&WC will create an account for you if you do not already have one (preferred).
- By wire transfer. If you select this method of payment, you will need to provide banking wire transfer information and identify on the wire that your payment is for the payment of your Extended Warranty and serial number of your engine(s).
- By cheque. If you pay by cheque, you will need to provide key credentials for verification purposes and P&WC will create an account for you if you do not already have one.
When is the PT6A Extended Warranty activated?
- The Extended Warranty will activate approximately seven (7) days from receipt of full payment and cover you for an additional twelve (12) months or five hundred (500) engine operating hours over and above your Basic Coverage of the P&WC Warranty.
If I sell my aircraft can I cancel the Extended Warranty and be refunded or reimbursed for the remainder?
- There is no refund or reimbursement, the Extended Warranty is attached to the engine.
Do I have to cover both engines if I have a twin-engine aircraft?
- No, the Extended Warranty is attached to a single engine. You can choose to cover one or both engines on a twin engine aircraft.
Does this cover Non Basic Unscheduled Removal (NBUR)?
- NBUR are not covered.
- Refer to the P&WC Warranty for your engine(s) specific coverage details.
I fly a PT6T (or other Turboshaft PT6 series), can I buy a similar extension?
- No. At this time the Extended Warranty offer applies only to the PT6A in commercial, corporate or private transportation applications.
I have the Eagle Service Plan (ESP®), do I need to buy the PT6A Extended Warranty?
- The warranty extension equivalent coverage is already included under the ESP program. ESP® program is a "Pay per Hour" engine maintenance program for general aviation operators of selected P&WC engines. For more information, visit ESP Program section of the P&WC website.
Do I have to sign anything?
- You will need to accept the terms and conditions contained on the application form by checking the appropriate box. No further signature will be required. However, if you apply on behalf of a customer, you must confirm his acceptance of the P&WC Warranty terms. Following submission of the application form, you will receive a Customer Acknowledgement Letter to be signed by the engine Owner/Operator.
Where do I bring my aircraft for engine work covered under the PT6A Extended Warranty?
- As with the Basic Coverage of the P&WC Warranty, work covered under the Extended Warranty must be performed at a facility designated by P&WC warranty administration. However, Line Replaceable Units (“LRU”) can be handled by your Fixed Base Operator (“FBO”). Please see the P&WC Warranty for more details.
What is not covered under the PT6A Warranty Extension?
- Refer to the P&WC Warranty for the complete list.
Am I eligible if my original warranty is for 1,000 hours with no calendar limit?
- No, this extension is specific to the PT6A Basic Coverage which has a calendar limit.
I fly less than 500 hours per year, do you have a pro-rated offer of the Extended Warranty?
- Pro-rata does not apply. The additional warranty shall be for a period of twelve (12) months or five hundred (500) engine operating hours, whichever occurs first.
Where can I get information about my first run warranty activation date?
- You may contact us by phone or email (refer to the section P&WC contact information found below).
What are some of the benefits of the PT6A Extended Warranty?Some of the reasons to consider purchasing the PT6A Extended Warranty include:
- Potentially larger and more interested buying audience.
- Helps you protect your investment longer.
- Potential for a higher resale value of your asset
- Better cost-of-ownership predictability and dependability: a smart budget is a predictable budget.
Who should I address any questions to?
- You can contact your P&WC Regional Sales Manager or call your local P&WC Field Support Representative,
- You may call us or send us an email at : P&WC contact information: Tel: 1-888-456-6067 (USA & Canada) 1-800-268-8000 Help Desk +1 (450) 647-8180 Int’l Email: Warranty@pwc.ca
- FBOs and Designated Overhaul Facilities (“DOFs”) serving the PT6A community will also be able to provide assistance,
- You can also download our brochure for more information.